Assistant Chief Engineer – Philadelphia
Supervisor: Engineering Manager
Primary responsibility is to provide leadership and direction for the efficient operations and maintenance of all facility electrical, mechanical, structural, and life safety. The specific areas of responsibility include but are not limited to Employee Management and Development, customer satisfaction, staff productivity and efficiency.
- Coordinate and supervise daily work activities and schedules of the engineering department.
- Coordinate activities of vendors and contractors.
- Provide assistance and training to engineers as needed.
- Ensure preventive maintenance program is performed in accordance with company standards.
- Understands the engineering design and operations aspects of data center systems and equipment.
- Maintains operational, corrective and preventive maintenance records.
- Appropriately addressing and expeditiously resolving tenant maintenance and engineering problems.
- Assist, as needed, on-site maintenance staff in the diagnosis of problems and repairs in the areas of HVAC, electrical, plumbing, dry walling and more.
- Extensive electrical, mechanical & plumbing knowledge of commercial facilities with a very strong background in critical data center operations including emergency/stand-by generators, automatic transfer switches, un-interruptible power supply (UPS) systems, power distribution systems, UPS batteries, etc.
- Requires excellent interpersonal skills, able to relate well with tenants and peers always.
- Proficient in Outlook, Word, Excel, and building database systems.
- Willingness to respond to emergency situations and work off hours as necessary.
- Must have excellent judgment and decision-making abilities.
Education and experience:
- 5+ years’ experience in the maintenance and operation of a high-rise building with supervisory responsibility.
Netrality is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Netrality does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital or domestic partner status, status as a veteran or special disabled veteran, gender identity or expression, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions or any other basis protected under federal, state and local laws.